Saturday, October 27, 2007

Meme

So Evie tagged me with a meme. I am supposed to list 10 weird things about myself. Weirdness is in the eye of the beholder. Hmmm...I hope I can stop at 10!

1. I was almost traded for 10 camels once in Saudi Arabia. No really! A Saudi guy offered my step-dad camels in exchange for my (11 year old) hand in marriage. Thank goodness he declined the offer, but he did get some usage out of it as a threat later on: "If you don't behave I will sell you for 10 camels!"

2. I don't like any fruits with the word "berry" or "melon" in their names. I am starting to come around on strawberries though. I think it is a texture thing for me and it all goes back to the super taster thing I mentioned before. Watermelon especially grosses me out. All those stringy fibers make me feel yucky.

3. I sucked my thumb until I was 12. I can't believe I just admitted that. My family did everything they could think of to get me to stop. I lived in fear of falling asleep with my thumb in my mouth during a sleepover. One day I just decided to stop on my own and I did.

4. I like to go to the movies by myself. I don't really think this is weird but I have been told in the past that it is. I love the whole movie-going experience so it isn't a big deal to me if I don't have someone else there to enjoy it with me. Of course I love going to the movies with Buck and Ian and friends. I just don't mind going alone.

5. I have never dyed my hair. I don't think this one is particularly weird either but I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't dyed their hair by the time they were 30. No Sun-In, no kool-aid, nothing.

6. I am pretty good at remembering numbers. I have a knack for remembering phone numbers and birthdays, addresses and social security numbers. I still remember the social security number of a co-worker from 10 years ago. When I was 16 and I worked at Office Max I used to memorize the credit card numbers of repeat customers.

7. I got married in the UFO capital of the UK (but not on purpose). Buck and I got married in Bonnyrigg, Scotland. When we got home we read that Bonnyrigg is home to the most UFO sightings in the whole United Kingdom! Cool.

8. I have written in a paper journal almost every day since I turned 18. I am on volume 36 now. I tried to keep a diary when I was a kid and I just never kept with it. Something just clicked when I turned 18 and I have been writing ever since.

9. I don't know how to put on make-up. I feel like there is a gene for being able to do make-up and hair that I am missing. I feel that I look like a prostitute whenever I try to wear make-up. I don't know what I am doing. Also, I could never figure out how to do the high bangs in eighth grade. At the time it was a tragedy. Nowadays, I don't mind.

10. Sometimes I think of tastes and smells as having sounds. It is hard to explain but I associate certain tastes (like mint and stew and bell peppers) and smells (like cinnamon and cloves and grass) with sounds.

I don't know who to tag so if you read this post consider yourself tagged. You're it!

4 comments:

EC said...

Your list is awesome!

#9 is my favorite though. Something about the way you wrote that one just cracked me the hell up.

All your things are interesting, I think.

Thanks for doing it!

Mama Podkayne said...

I'm right there with you on the make up thing. Especially eye make up. Also, when I wear it I blink a lot so I look like a crazy hooker.:)

EC said...

Ha! Mama Podkayne that cracked me up!

You know, pre-kids I was pretty into the whole makeup thing. I'd be happy to help you guys out.

;)

Evie

Rinnyboo said...

Thanks, Evie! I SO need the help!